Nurse This – How TigerText Saves Organizations Nearly $28,000 Per Day
Dec 16, 2013 TigerText
Often times, to get a hold of doctors, nurses rely on overhead paging or direct phone calls to reach staff, but with so much going on at once – patients coming and going, physicians moving from room to room, and administrators facilitating patient admins and discharges – doctors regularly miss overhead pages and phone calls.
The end result – more time wasted on repetitive pages, phone tag, and chasing doctors down the halls.
How much time?
The average nurse wastes one hour per day tracking down physicians! It’s a bit startling to think how many more patients could be seen in that time if only there was a way to cut down this process.
Luckily with TigerText, nurses can eliminate the need for paging as well as cut down the hour-long time it takes to track down doctors to only 10 minutes.
TigerText helps nurses streamline their everyday communication process by linking all moving parts – physician specialists, case managers, pharmacists, lab technicians and discharge coordinators – across a unified and secure communication platform. With TigerText, nurses can:
- Reduce phone tag by 80% – Replace unanswered pages and calls with secure text messages instead.
- Decrease patient wait times – Quickly notify doctors via TigerText when a patient is ready to be seen.
- Less overhead paging – Messages such as device alarms, pages, lab results, emergency codes and other PHI can be sent via TigerText alleviating the need for overhead paging.
- Diminish medical information error – Confirm and clarify physician orders in real-time, while read and delivery receipts ensure message accountability.
- Increased patient satisfaction – With shortened wait times, patients and their families are more content.
- Cost savings – With less time spent tracking down physicians and more time spent focusing on patient care, clinics and hospitals save nearly $28,000 a day using TigerText!
- Improved care coordination – TigerText links physician specialists, case managers, pharmacists, lab technicians and discharge coordinators helping streamline everyday patient care.
- Higher HCAHPS score – Less overhead noise, shorter wait times, and quicker patient discharges all lead to higher patient survey satisfaction scores.
To read the full case on how nurses are saving time and healthcare organizations are cutting costs using TigerText, click here.