Secure SMS Solution
Add Secure SMS Capabilities to Your App with TigerConnect
As more enterprises adopt BYOD policies to accelerate the flow of communication within their organization, IT leaders have the challenge of finding a secure SMS solution to maintain confidentiality, avoid data breaches, and to comply with security and privacy standards in highly regulated industries.
There is a wide choice of off-the-shelf secure SMS texting apps to choose from; but not all of these potential solutions will be appropriate for an organization´s requirements. Furthermore, in order to establish an appropriate secure SMS solution, a significant amount of resources will be invested evaluating the choices – not necessarily with a positive outcome at the end of the evaluation.
The alternative is for organizations to build their own secure SMS solution from scratch. Although this will eliminate the need to evaluate the choice of potential solutions, building secure SMS texting apps from scratch is also resource intensive. Building, testing and maintaining a custom, message framework requires a substantial investment of time and money. Now a third option exists – TigerConnect.
A Brief Introduction to TigerConnect
TigerText is one of the world´s foremost providers of secure SMS messaging solutions, and has released its own SDK – TigerConnect – as a “platform-as-a-service”. The TigerConnect platform is simple, reliable and scalable, and allows software developers to leverage HTTP, SMTP and WCTP protocols to integrate a secure SMS solution into any application
Software developers can take advantage of the established TigerText SDK, API and demo projects to save on development time, so that organizations no longer have to make a substantial investment of time and money to create a secure SMS solution that meets their unique demands.
Building on the platform, organizations and software developers can maintain full control over the integrity of confidential data without hindering the flow of communication. Authorized users can send secure text, voice and video messages – or share files with colleagues – via secure SMS texting apps with no risk of data leakage or compliance issues.
A Secure SMS Solution for iPhone iOS
TigerConnect comes ready-to-use with a quick start guide for downloading, installing and activating the SDK. Further easy-to-follow steps exist for authenticating user IDs, sending secure SMS messages and retrieving the most recent conversations.
The TigerConnect secure SMS solution for iPhone iOS includes app extension support, a message attachment preview function, and group message status tracking. No other secure SMS solution provides this level of group message tracking, and this feature is a powerful asset for larger organizations looking for a secure SMS solution for iPhone iOS, Windows and Android.
A Secure SMS Solution for Android
As with the TigerConnect secure SMS solution for iPhone iOS, the secure SMS solution for Android has all the documentation, tools and code libraries software developers will need to build a secure SMS solution for Android that facilitates the remote creation and deletion of user accounts, the management of user accounts, and the retrieval of conversations.
Once integrated, the TigerConnect platform manages the connection to secure SMS texting apps, keeps the apps synchronized with the backend infrastructure, and ensures end-to-end security of communications. We believe that experienced software developers be able to send a secure SMS message via the TigerConnect platform in less than five minutes.
How Secure SMS Texting Apps Can be of Benefit to Organizations
In highly regulated industries, the benefits of secure SMS texting apps are clearly evident. In the healthcare industry, for example, secure SMS messaging enables healthcare organizations to remain compliant with HIPAA privacy and security regulations. Additionally, due to an 80 percent reduction in phone tag and emails, healthcare professionals have more time to attend to patients.
Due to the time and money saved with secure SMS texting apps, TigerText provides a secure SMS solution for four of the top five largest for-profit health systems in the country. TigerText secure SMS texting apps are used to send HIPAA-compliant messages in more than 5,000 other medical facilities, and the TigerText servers process more than 150 million secure SMS messages every month.
Secure SMS texting apps can be equally as effective in other highly regulated industries, or within any department of an organization where confidentiality and security are vital:
- In the financial services industry, existing trading apps can have SOX-compliant SMS capabilities integrated into them
- Custom-branded, secure SMS texting apps can create a private communication channel between a financial institution and its client
- Secure SMS texting apps can also be designed to provide value-added services to clients such as trading news or alerts of suspicious activity on their accounts
- In the legal services industry, secure SMS texting apps can be used to confidentially share legal documentation, evidence, photos and videos in compliance with CJIS regulations
- Secure SMS texting apps can also be used to create private communication channels between attorneys and their clients
- The apps will confirm that messages have been sent, delivered and read due to the reporting facilities on the TigerConnect platform
- Many major organizations have dedicated HR departments in which there is a need for confidentiality and security
- Secure SMS texting apps can be used as a channel for private salary negotiations or to alert candidates to new employment opportunities
- Employment contracts and confidential documents can be attached to secure SMS messages so that the contents of the attachments remain secure
- Secure SMS texting apps allow collaborators in the technology sector to discuss new product features confidentially
- Acquisition and financing activities can be discussed with VCs using secure SMS texting apps developed on the TigerConnect platform
- The platform can also be customized so that service interruptions, bug tracking alerts, and other important triggers are reported directly to any mobile device
Research & Development
- In R&D, secure SMS texting apps have a similar role to play inasmuch as they enable colleagues to confidentially share IP such as new product designs
- Secure SMS messaging solutions have been shown to foster collaboration, which in R&D will accelerate the progress of a project
- Business communications with foreign manufacturers, suppliers and purchasers will remain confidential when conducted over a secure SMS solution
An Invitation to Try TigerConnect for Free
If you are a software developer in an industry that would benefit from a secure SMS solution, you are invited to try TigerConnect for free.
Enter your work email address and click “Start Building.” Within a few minutes you will receive your password to try TigerConnect for free and access to the documentation, the tools and the code libraries you will need to develop and integrate a secure SMS solution into any application.