Secure Text Messaging SDK
Secure Messaging Solutions for Organizations
With an increasing number of organizations embracing BYOD policies, IT leaders in highly regulated industries are faced with the challenge of protecting sensitive data and complying with industry privacy and security standards without impeding the flow of communication.
There are many vendors offering off-the-shelf secure messaging solutions for organizations but not all of these solutions will be appropriate for an organization´s needs. Furthermore, the time-consuming evaluation of potential secure messaging solutions for organizations may not necessarily have a positive outcome.
The alternative is for organizations to develop their own secure messaging solution from scratch. Although this will resolve the issue of evaluating the solutions on offer, building, testing and maintaining a custom, message framework it is also resource intensive. Now there is a third option – a secure text messaging SDK that enables software developers to build secure messaging capabilities into any application – TigerConnect.
The TigerConnect Secure Text Messaging SDK
TigerConnect is a simple, reliable and scalable secure text messaging SDK that is available as a “platform-as-a-service”. The secure text messaging SDK enables software developers to leverage the demo projects to save on development time – meaning that it is no longer necessary to invest a significant amount of time and money evaluating secure messaging solutions for organizations or building a solution from scratch.
Building on the TigerConnect platform, software developers maintain full control over the transit of sensitive data without impeding the flow of communication. Authorized users can send secure text, voice and video messages via secure messaging apps – or share files with colleagues in multi-party discussion threads – with no risk of data leakage or compliance issues.
The Advantages of Secure Messaging Apps in Multiple Industries
In highly regulated industries, the advantages of secure messaging apps are substantial. In the healthcare industry, for example, secure messaging solutions for organizations build by TigerText – the company behind TigerConnect – have enabled healthcare organizations to comply with HIPAA privacy and security regulations without impeding the flow of communication.
Indeed, the flow of communication has accelerated and resulted in an 80 percent reduction in phone tag and emails. The consequence of this is that workflows have been streamlined, productivity has improved and the standard of care provided to patients has increased.
Because of the potential for savings in the healthcare industry, TigerText is now implemented in more than 5,000 medical facilities – including four of the top five largest for-profit health systems in the country. TigerText´s servers process more than 150 million HIPAA-compliant secure messages each month; but it is not just in the healthcare industry that there are advantages of secure messaging apps:
- In the highly regulated financial services industry, existing trading apps can have SOX-compliant secure messaging capabilities added to them
- Custom-branded, secure messaging apps can be developed to provide a private channel of communication between financial institutions and clients
- Secure messaging apps can also be created using the secure text messaging SDK that can alert clients of suspicious activity on their accounts or send reminders of important financial events
- In the legal services industry, secure messaging solutions for organizations can be used to share evidence, documents, photos and videos in compliance with CJIS regulations
- The secure text messaging SDK can be used to create private channels of communication between attorneys and their clients
- Delivery notifications and read receipts dispatch from the TigerConnect platform confirm that secure messages have been sent, delivered and read
Research & Development
- In Research & Development, where confidentiality is essential, secure messaging solutions for organizations enable colleagues to privately share IP
- Apps developed using the secure text messaging SDK encourage collaboration on areas such as new product designs and markets
- Acquisition and financing activities can be discussed in confidence with VCs using secure messages apps developed using TigerConnect
- The benefits of secure messaging solutions for organizations are apparent in any organization that has an HR department
- Secure messaging apps can be used as a private channel for salary negotiations or to alert candidates to employment opportunities
- Contracts and other confidential documentation can be attached to secure messages in order that the contents of the documentation remain confidential
Secure Text Messaging SDK for Android
The secure text messaging SDK for Android comes with all the documentation, tools and code libraries that software developers will need to build secure messaging solutions for organizations. The platform has easy-to-follow steps for authenticating user IDs, sending secure text messages and retrieving the most recent conversations in order to get software developers up to speed with the secure text messaging SDK for Android
Once integrated, the TigerConnect platform manages the connection to secure messaging apps, synchronizes the apps with the backend infrastructure, and ensures end-to-end security of communications. System administrators will also be able to create and delete user accounts, manage user accounts, and retrieve conversations remotely.
Secure Text Messaging SDK for iPhone iOS
As with the secure text messaging SDK for Android, TigerConnect comes ready-to-use with a quick start guide for downloading, installing and activating the secure text messaging SDK for iPhone iOS – or Windows. Developers can leverage HTTP, SMTP and WCTP protocols to provide the widest range of connectivity.
The TigerConnect secure text messaging SDK for iPhone iOS includes app extension support, a message attachment preview function, and group message status tracking. None of the “off-the-shelf” secure messaging solutions for organizations provides this level of group message tracking, and this feature is a powerful compliance asset for larger organizations.
Try the TigerConnect Secure Text Messaging SDK for Free
The demand for TigerConnect has already been massive. The secure text messaging SDK has helped integrate secure messaging capabilities into third-party products such as the anonymous social and secret-sharing app Whisper, the scheduling service provider AMiON, and the widely used EMR platform PointClickCare.
Sign up for TigerConnect secure text messaging SDK for free and to start building secure messaging capabilities into any application.